We originally talked to the university's School psychology department. They need kids to have the students practice on. However, I would really caution you to make sure that your kids are old enough to handle this situation well and that you ask a lot of questions. My DS was barely 5. We were assured that all the students had experience and that she was just practicing a new test. For $75, I figured, why not!

She scared the living daylights out of him and also gave us a report that was so ridiculously far off I'm not sure why she even took the time to write it. The testing took place in a very small room with a 1 way mirror on one whole wall. DS asked why there was such a big mirror. She said "there are people behind there watching you and video taping you." He was completely freaked! Also, the test she ended up administering not the test that we were told she'd be using. DS has major perfection issues. During the test she was giving, she was required to tell him an answer was wrong and ask him to correct it.

Instead of doing what one of us would do. She repeatedly said "WRONG!" loudly, like a buzzer then "AGAIN!" loudly and meanly. (I know this because I demanded to see the video after he told me what happened.) She was harsh and inappropriate. She stopped the test about 2/3 the way through because he was crying and shaking like a leaf.

Her report says that he will probably never function in a normal classroom because of his extreme inability to deal with stress, unreasonable fears and more. Her results were also way off- not sure how she got them since she didn't finish the test.

I'm not telling you this to scare you- many others have had very good luck with our local university. But we didn't know better to ask the right questions. We found out later that she was studying to be a counselor in a high school setting and my DS was the first child under 12 she'd ever tested.