I made a call to the director for the gifted program at our school board office today. I explained to her that Isaac was getting enrichment 90 minutes a week and that he's in his regular classroom the rest of the time. I told her that he was having some problems sitting still while the other kids were learning and asked her what the department could do for him.

She said that in 1st grade (next year) I can enroll him in another elementary school and he'd get reading, math and science in a gifted classroom. She said in reading they'd do the 1st grade book and start on the 2nd grade book. He's beyond that already so even though it might be better than this year I don't know how much better it'll be.

She said that for Kindergarten there's nothing other than 90 minutes of enrichment a week. She said that I need to just discipline him like any normal child when he comes home after having a bad day. I got so angry after she said that because he's not a normal child and his behavior problems have something to do with sitting for hours and hours in a kindergarten classroom.

She told me that the only thing she could suggest was for me to go buy some workbooks and ask the teacher to let him do them if he has extra time during the day. That's all fine but it's the lessons that he's having to sit through that are causing him so many problems.

I guess my next step is to try to talk to the principal at his school and see what she says.