I feel your pain. We are in the same situation with DS5 who is in first grade this year. He never went to K, but instead was in a Montessori school that had a lot more freedom and was only a few hours a week. So he is getting used to being in a public school all day (much more kids and much less one on one attention)...and has his moments. He says he enjoys school...but he always talks about lunch, recess, and gym as his favorite times and talks about not liking when the teacher teaches the other kids all the stuff he already knows. He also was excited he went to the library and got a Magic Treehouse book he had been wanting to get for a while (he apparently had been remembering the title for months). He said if they finish work in class they get to read some which is good. But up until yesterday he had told me that they hadn't read at all, just the teacher read. He came home with 3 letter spelling word lists that he has to write several times for homework. He has single digit addition and he is probably at least at 4th grade level in math. It is frustrating. We are having a meeting this week to discuss subject acceleration because it is clear that the first grade Math and reading are not going to work. He does enjoy interacting with peers in the class. Since he didn't go to K I am looking at some of his learning as social skills this year, and hopefully they can subject accelerate him as well. And he already had a girl give him his phone number and came down the hall the other day holding 2 girls hands. That's scary.

Can you set up a meeting with the school? Have the done any testing on her yet? I would suggest starting on that whole process as it takes forever. And unfortunately schools are not in a hurry with a child who is compliant and does the work. It's too bad.

Good luck!