Hi Scharlach33,

I just found this message board after "Googling" Sonoran Sky's self-contained gifted program, so just had a quick question or two for you.

We are planning to open-enroll our son at SS next year in the clustered kindergarten program and then the following year in self-contained (next year they will not have self-contained for kinder). I have already sent Dina his test scores and she called to confirm that he will be eligible for the program. I was wondering if your kids started the program as young as 1st grade and what the intensity level is? I know that's a vague question. I am just trying to get an idea of how much homework, for example, kids that age have each night, and if the kids all move at a similar pace or if it's really individualized for each child?

Also, how quickly does the program fill-up? Since it's a mixed age (1st/2nd) grade combination class I assume it will already be half filled or so before we even have the opportunity to register, as you may not register until one year in advance.

Thanks so much!