And in googling tonite I found this great forum. I was in Gifted programs myself so am somewhat familiar, but different state about 30 years ago (so useless, right?) Anyway, I have heard from parents with older kids that SCAT is aptitude and not achievement, and thus there's no real prep that can be done. In our s/d it sets the path for future learning, as a group will be pulled out into GT math next year (4th) and it does, believe it or not, dictate where they will start middle school math (so I am told). So yeah, you want your kid to do well. I've heard that all the kids who get in the top math group by doing their older cousin's above grade level math workbooks all summer, so that they test high on the pre-tests in the fall, will not find the same success on the scat. (We don't do that ourselves but have plenty of neighbors who do) It's a different kind of reasoning test and not a skills test. Can any of you share your experiences or if in fact there is any prep that's possible (beyond good sleep and good breakfast)?

Thanks!