Let's say this principal is a caring person and is just really concerned about my DS jumping ahead because it will disadvantage him. Below are two paragraphs that state her concern. Do you think a principal can relate to the achievement test scores? I have never even met her yet. She state she is doing research on this. Well I too have done research for a year on the Internet and it took me a while to get what I needed. So, would you give a principal suggestions. I was thinking of the book, Being smart about being gifted. Do you think this is a good choice along with hoagies. Or should I do nothing. I wonder what will make credible info to them. There is a gifted teacher at this school at our school so she would probally go to her for suggestions. So maybe it would be weird to do anything.

I ask for some time as I am finishing my research on this subject and have located the article entitled, �Recalculating the 8th-grade Algebra Rush.� This article was dated September 22, 2008 in the Washington Post (can pull up on internet). The following question in the article resonated with me:

There were 90 employees in a company last year. This year the number of employees increased by 10 percent. How many employees are in the company this year? Only 9.8 percent of the eighth grade students who were placed in Algebra answered correctly.

Last edited by onthegomom; 09/04/09 08:44 PM.