Well, I guess it would take the time and energy of a bunch of people who are already up to their ears in time-intensive educational questions. smile

Our Ds9 has a vague 2nd exceptionality, which usually is well hidden, but sometimes really rears it's head during of all things, timed tests.
I think before there can be better programs there have to be better methods of identifying giftedness in general, giftedness in the identified disabled population (ld or otherwise) and learning disabilities in the id'd gifted population (I pondered for quite a while about ds' varied test results, from a child who seemed gifted to me ).
And before that id effort can get very far, I think the awareness of more than just a handful of teachers in any school district needs to be broadened, folks need to be aware and on the look out for gifted kids in all their many guises...

Once the real population of 2E kids is identified, perhaps larger than we realize, funding for efforts/programs becomes more justifiable, right? I know in my mind it's already justified, but in regards to 'working the system' this seems important.

What about a plain old 'awareness' campaign?
You know, magnetic ribbons on backs of cars, and go from there....