Hi everyone I am back for more advice and support. smile

Today was the first day of school and I just dropped off the kiddos. *background* 7 year old ds grade skipped over the summer. He is now in 3rd grade instead of 2nd (he tested the middle of 4th grade). I am not sure if I am just having overprotective mom feelings or what.

He did not get the teacher I requested in writing or that they said would be the best fit for him. Instead he was placed with a teacher that previously taught my daughter. She is not what I would call warm and fuzzy but I do know her so I didn't make a fuss. Kind of a devil I know instead of the devil I don't situation *not that she is a devil grin LOL* Last year we got a dud of a teacher because of the principal's highly recommended suggestion.

When I dropped him off he didn't know anyone in his class. He went to 2nd grade the end of last year so he wouldn't feel so lost and have some peers. He didn't see any of them. He looked so little compared to his classmates. He also seemed unsure and he is never unsure of himself. frown Of course we have never accelerated a grade either. I walked out of there not sure if I was in mama bear mode or not.

They didn't send any info on his GATE testing or placement. Usually they send a letter. I got the impression at our grade skip meeting last year that the GATE was in a perilous postion cause of budget cuts.

So obviously I need to follow up on the GATE stuff but should I do anything else? What would you do in my situation?

*Edited to add* Maybe he didn't get into GATE. I never thought of that.