I was looking over the DYS application and now I am having serious GT denial. For those of you who have kids in DYS could you give some examples of the "Wow" factor? My DS7 is so normal to my DH and me that I just have no clue what to put down. Example right now he is into Geology and rocks. We took a trip out to a gold mine in CO and he asked so many questions and found so many loopholes in the presentation that I almost got up and left. Not sure on proper etiquette there. Afterwards I approached the presenter to apologize for all the interruptions and she said, "Wow. Your son is really something. He really knows a lot about Geology." He brought home tons of rocks in his suitcase which he has been cracking open to get the gold flecks out of. I get a lot of these comments about him but have no idea what is so "wow" about it. Doesn't every 7 yo boy like rocks, gold, jewels, etc? And all the lego creations around my house of space ships and aliens, well those aren't "wow" either, they are just frustrating because we trip over them a million times a day. LOL So back to my question, if you don't have the "wow" factor in achievement scores, what do you put in the questions and portfolio?