I'm 99.999% sure that my daughter's gifted but, since there's literally *nothing* in her school for gifted kids (we're in Massachusetts)I haven't had her formally tested with an IQ test.

Anyhow, I got the results of her Sanford 10th ediition test back. She took it at the end of 2nd grade. She's now in third grade. Out of 10 scores, 7 range in the 99% percentile. In one of the subtests, reading vocabulary, she scored in the 88th percentile which gave her a Stanine of 7. On math problem solving she scored in the 8th stanine with a 94th percentile and on listening she scored in the 8th stanine in th 94th percentile.

Her lexile measure was 1095, which puts her reading comprehension firmly in the 9th grade level.

Anyways, I was speaking to the adjustment counselor at her school who said that, based on the test, she's "very bright" but not "gifted".

Can anyone help me here? According to the test her reading comprehension is at a 9th grade level (that's a conservative estimate) and on all of the major tests she scored in the 99 percentile band other than math listening where she was in the 94th. She did score in the 88th for vocabulary but that was only with getting one question wrong out of 30. And reading vocabulary was a subtest, not a major heading.

I hope that this is not too confusing. I'm really struggling with this as I want her to start being challenged at some point.

I've always assumed that she was gifted. She is a 'textbook case' with the perfectionism, sensitivity, near photographic memory, etc. I really want her teachers to recognize this. Any input/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ellen