I have a spam filter and you should get a message saying that. Read that and respond so that I can add you to my address list and get the email. I'll get back to you as soon as I get the email.

Mary

-------------------

Conference this morning!

She started by asking what our concerns were. She said no problem, she can ratchet the academics up. She has really been spending the time up til now trying to find out what he is capable of and how hard she can push him - how little she can push him etc. She feels confident enough that she knows his limits and can correctly target things.

She said her main concern is that he can't fold a paper airplane for anything. She wants to address this by spending more time on motor skills activities for him. We agreed that was important and told her what he does at home to work on that.

She talked about how much progress he has made on social skills and playing with other kids - how there is one kid on the playground who always sticks up for him and makes sure he gets to play.

Told me about one day when he started crying about how he didn't have any friends - how every single kid in the class came over and said that they are his friend - real Hollywood unbelievable moment - and how touching it was - said Mark stopped complaining about no friends after that.

I said something about last weekend when he played 5th grade Cluefinders for the first time in a long time. She asked if I had a problem with it when he plays 3rd grade cluefinders instead - and I said no - just that when he never does anything more challenging that I get concerned because it drags him down to never be challenged and he doesn't always see that it drags him down.

Anyway - bottom line, no major changes - but lots of comfort. This teacher really does understand our son and is really meeting his needs so well.

Third grade was the right decision this year.... not sure what will be right next year - but right now, I feel really good about this year.

Mary

Mary