Originally Posted by Dottie
If she really only got one set of norms...I'd wonder which ones she got!
Me too. I did email the psych and asked her (in a polite manner) if she was sure about the age norms being identical to the grade norms. She said that she input the #s into the computer and it did all of the figuring, so she was sure it was right. I guess that it doesn't matter hugely unless she is significantly less or more able than we are assuming right now.

In re to accelerating her for math, I don't know if it is the right solution. I do know, however, that the curriculum thus far has been a very bad fit for her in math and her confidence has been hugely shaken as a result, so we need to do something different in terms of math. I am sure that she'll at least get placed in the 4th grade accelerated class, but that class does the identical curriculum but moves through it faster. I don't think that is a good idea for her. I'd, honestly, rather have her stay in the std classroom for math and get pulled out once a week to work on the EPGY stuff or be given the opportunity to independently work on the EPGY stuff once/week. That's what they did with my older dd when she was in that class, but they used some fairly weak enrichment activities (like suduko puzzles) when she was pulled out weekly.

As far as her IQ/GAI, it was 99.9 the first time and 96th the second. I, too, imagine that it falls somewhere in btwn the two, but we don't have the $ to retest again in a year. eta: she had a lot of 18s the first time she was tested (raw scores), and one 19 and a 17 in verbal the second time, but her PRI -- where two of her 18s were the first time -- didn't have a single score higher than 12 the second time.

Last edited by Cricket2; 07/22/09 02:28 PM.