Don't get me started on the topic of lattice multiplication...grrr....
But, for all the detractors of EM, my kids have done well with it. I agree it is very confusing to introduce more than one way to multiply. DD used to ask me which way to solve a multiplication problem, to which I would reply, "Just multiply will you?!" I have spoken with several math teachers who agree it is confusing, although one of them said that truly some kids don't understand the traditional algorithm and lattice works better for them. Hmmmm...
There are no easy answers regarding which school would be better. We are in a similar position (moving DD for a better math curriculum but would be different breaks from DS, versus continuity of friends and fine arts at the current school). We are leaning towards continuity/stability, even though we know she would be additionally accelerated in math (but the "other" school doesn't offer language arts acceleration that she will get at her present school). There are trade-offs everywhere.

Could you tutor her in math over the summer to get her up to speed, then re-take achievement testing in the Fall? I know this is difficult - I sympathize.