Sorry, I meant my DH's comment as a kind of funny. I know she's really getting it. She's able to work through different kinds of problems and extrapolate what she has learned to other real world problems. I know she gets it.

I'd suggest the Murderous Maths books

Do you know a US source for these? I was not able to find them. frown

I also looked at the Life of Fred books recommended in my other thread and thought they were too advanced for her, but when she finishes 3B I think she might be ready for them!

She loves logic puzzles, but she seems to have this insatiable need to sit down and work math problems!!!

I'm frankly astounded at how quickly she mastered simple multiplication and division. They only touch on it slightly in second grade in our district but once I showed her one example of how to do a problem like 345x9 she was able to do any problem of that type. And when I showed her how to do simple long division (like 345/9) she was able to do any problem of that type. And she's doing multi step word problems that require both multiplication and division to find the answer.

I know a lot of kids here are much more advanced than that, but I was really surprised at how quickly she totally and completely understood the concept.

Mom to DD9 and DD3