My DD7 (finishing second grade tomorrow) *loves* math and is always begging for math workbooks. On a whim, I ordered Singapore 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B and Challenging Word Problems 2. According to the Singapore site, there were topics in 2A/2B that she was not taught in her second grade which is why I got them.

In 2 weeks she has finished 2A, 2B and 3A. She thinks the Challenging WP 2 is too easy. She is already about halfway through 3B. It suddenly occured to me that perhaps having her do third grade math prior to third grade was not a good idea. She starts in the GT program next year and they will be doing compacted math (all of 3rd and part of 4th grade) next year, but even so I am wondering if I should have her continue.

She LOVES these books and is already asking for 4A and 4B. But I think that maybe I would like to go a different direction? DH thinks she is not "really" learning 3rd grade math and that she will be fine and I shouldn't worry. (Boredom was an issue for her this year.)

Suggestions for things that would keep her math happy but not necessarily covering the curriculum she will see next year?

Mom to DD9 and DD3