Originally Posted by BaseballDad
Just out of curiosity, how was the transition out of the French school?

BB

It's only been a year, but not so bad. He goes to an after-school program with certified teachers and followed the CE2 program in "Mastery of the French language." So he learned new grammar, etc. It's a 4 hour/week program, and the teachers are terrific. We're enrolled for next year too.

We order class materials from CNED, which is France's official distance learning program for citizens overseas. The materials are gorgeous.

I'm going to enroll him in the French language soccer team next year to add another few hours of French, and I try to use French at home as much as possible. So far, so good.

We're in the Bay Area; if you're around here, the after-school thing might be a good option at some point. They go through grade 6/sixie'me right now and we're hoping they'll add the next grade next year (the program is growing). We didn't see any point in accelerating him in this program.

The French was a good way to address DS's giftedness through the CP. He loved the French and always had stuff to learn in French class. The next year was really good for his French, though he would have been happier with a skip that year. Whatever, though.

Val