Do it for her.

That's what I did with my DS7 last year. I faked his handwriting and made a deal with him: I do this for you, you'll do stuff at your level for 60-90 minutes a week with me. He kind of won on both counts there.

I'm a rebel here. I don't believe in forcing a child to do pointless work. Too-easy homework assignments teach nothing and have negative value as far as I'm concerned. When teachers or others argue that "she needs to learn how to do unpleasant tasks" I remind them that putting your laundry in the hamper or cleaning the kitchen are unpleasant tasks that have useful results. What do you gain by writing out the answers to 4+6 when you can do 1/2 * 5/9 ? Answer: nothing. This practice squashes love of learning and breeds resentment besides. The problem is that you might not get anywhere with the teachers if they already think she needs to do something so pointless.

So back to doing the work for her.

Maybe if she (really you) starts doing all the silly assignments and handing them in, the school will decide that "she's" making an effort and will let her skip a grade.

Rant off.

Val