The principal has not ever done a grade skip before so there is no set precedence. DD had testing done in the school and privately and she tests HG. She has also taken end of year 2nd grade testing recently, I haven't been given the results yet. Our school also does the SAT10 testing in 1st and DD scored a 97%. I mentioned the IAS manual to principal and staff, but no one had heard of it. DD would meet the criteria for acceleration. Unfortunately, in our district, one of the top ten largest in the country, there is no written criteria, just the decision being made by the principal. I am just hoping that we can "squeak" enough and get what we feel is best for our daugher. I think the principal feels like she did not make a good decision letting DD split a 1/2 day in 1st and 2nd because it led to us wanting more so now she doesn't even want to do that. I'm just praying for a change of heart tomorrow and permission to skip 2nd which would allow her to continue on with her 2nd grade peers she made this year. Thanks for all the good vibes.