Hannah is 9 years old. We have known she was gifted since she was 2. She talked very early and was speaking in paragraphs by the time she was 17 months old. She was asking VERY profound, deep, even spiritual questions at age 25 months. She wrote her name long before she was three. We were told by her preschool teacher who taught 2's for 22 years that she had never seen a 2 year old with a vocabulary like Hannah's. She has always preferred the company of adults. She is extremely perfectionistic. She is also a people pleaser and I think that may skew some results as she wants badly to fit in with her peers.

She took the ITBS and scored >99%. I don't have those exact results in front of me. She consistently scores in the 99% on the standardized tests. She is an A student with no effort. The school gave her the COGAT. She was not accepted into the gifted program based on these scores, but I KNOW the child is gifted. Please help me understand what might be going on. Also, should we have her tested privately? She is totally bored with school so I am planning to homeschool her next year.

COGAT scores:

Cognitive Ability Test
V 92
Q 92
C 89

Achievement
R 88
M 90
T 92

Creativity
GIFT 69

Motivation
R 30
M 37
SS 40
S 30
G 63

I don't even know how to interpret these results. I just know that this doesn't feel right to me. How should I proceed? TIA

Last edited by brenroe; 05/11/09 09:01 PM.