I was disappointed as well frown
DD goes to a small public school where the AIG program starts in 4th grade. They have reading and math with the AIG teacher daily instead of with the regular classroom teacher. She has had hit or miss acceleration depending on the teacher and the mood of administration that year.

Kindergarten she was in a K/1 split and did centers and the fun stuff with K and the reading, math, and writing with 1st.
1st she went to 2nd for reading, no math.
2nd she did 2nd grade reading, again, with supposed math acceleration in her "free time" (fought with admin to no avail)
3rd (Yay 3rd!) the second week of school the teacher called and said that she and the AIG teacher would like to accelerate her in reading (apparently behind the admin's back). 5th grade AIG reading in 3rd and she did quite well.
4th new AIG teacher so 4th grade AIG reading and math
5th (New admin. Yay! The reign of terror is over!) AIG reading, again and math.
So now she has done 2nd grade reading and 5th grade AIG reading twice.

We thought about skipping 1st but she was very immature socially. She has come a long way but she is still behind socially. I think the principal was afraid I was looking for her to skip 6th, he kept saying how the real challenge for her would be the transition to middle school.

W.