NCMom had some great ideas! Mine are less classy, I'm afraid...

Hmmm--I wonder if she'd like the Jan Karon or Maeve Binchy books? Not great literature, but not bad either--they're adult books, but not adult books, if you see what I mean! (It has been years since I read any of them, but one of my dear friends is a very conservative pastor's wife, and she likes them, so I think my memory that they are quite innocent must be accurate.)

These are just silly, but fun: any of the PG Wodehouse books, any of the EF Benson "Lucia" books, Laurie King's Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes series, John Mortimer's Rumpole books, the Josephine Tey mysteries--maybe something there? I was vacuuming up those sorts of books at that age (well, the Laurie King ones are too recent for that, but I read lots of British humour and hundreds and hundreds of mysteries in junior high)--but perhaps she'd rather have something a bit more serious.

Biographies, maybe? Have to be a bit careful with the subject, I suppose, but there ought to be some safe ones!

You might try looking at Judith Wynn Halsted's book "Some of My Best Friends are Books." It has a heavily annotated bibliography of books suited for gifted readers at various age levels, and you might be able to tell from the descriptions whether something is apt to suit her or not.

peace
minnie