Originally Posted by Bassetlover
DD13 (and others, but mainly her) ALWAYS has to be right it seems like. She has to get her point across always and almost never says sorry. But shes really a great kid otherwise. Always kind, gets recognition at school for this, etc.

Well, I don't have any advice, but my DS8 is the same way. I'm hoping that he'll grow out of it. Yesterday, we were having a conversation about being right and he said he likes to be right. I asked him how it made him feel and he said "great". We explained that he wouldn't always be right and that it was OK to be wrong sometimes, that's how we learned, and so on. So, he told us that in his class there was a discussion about something and he was right and just knew it even though everyone else was disagreeing. He said that eventually, after telling everyone why he believed the way he did about whatever it was, they went back and checked it out and determined he was right, even the teacher. <sigh> I hate it when that happens, because it only strengthens his argument. We did ask how he felt when he was wrong and I swear, just for a moment, I knew he was going to pop off with "I don't know, I've never been wrong". He didn't, thank goodness, but I was waiting for it, LOL.