I'm afraid almost to say it but DS (10) acted like a dog, cat, dolphin or fish alot of the time from 2-7. He still has times when he prefers to be an animal instead of a person. In fact last year, DS's career goal was to be a marine biologist that figures out how to turn himself into a fish so that he can really understand them. My reaction was well OK, but before you turn yourself into one, you have to figure out how to turn yourself back!

Your young guy may not have the ability to understand when it is appropriate to be silly and when he needs to stop. But from the sounds of it, your OT doesn't get your son. We did OT with our son at 5 for impusle control, sensory issues and poor core motor strength. Overall, I think it was good for DS, but on the emotional front, it never seemed to do much. However, he had several different OTs and I could see how the interaction between the OT and DS made a big difference in how he progressed.

I can't say if he needs OT, but if he does, you may want to see if any of the OTs near you are a bit more in tune with your son.

Good Luck!