Thanks for your reply. The guy who administered our test was quite young, in his early 20's, and going to grad school. He works for a non-profit that helps with counseling needs for the local schools. I doubt he has had much experience administering IQ tests. He said that my son should be adequately challenged since his IQ was only average. I kind of feel like this IQ test really missed something if that is the conclusion. My son in no way struggles with the academics in class. The challenge we face is keeping him interested instead of being bored. He already started to "cut" class by saying he has to go to the bathroom (which is outside of the classroom). The teacher came up to me and said I should check with his pediatrician that he might have a bladder infection because he was using the bathroom so much. When I asked him he said he was just going to get a drink of water and when I mentioned that he was going to miss what the teacher was saying he replied that I shouldn't worry because he easily catches up. I've tried to talk to the teacher about our issues, but I just can't seem to make a connection with her. And she talks to me like I'm 5! I am waiting to see how 1st grade goes. Hopefully, we'll have a better teacher and a more challenging environment.