Yesterday I received a letter from my son's school stating that they want to have a meeting to decide whether or not he is "eligible for services". If he passes that hurdle, they "will be writing an IEP for him at that time". Finally! I have been trying to get to this point all school year. After months of stagnating, I had to nearly pitch a fit for someone to get moving. And now, we still have to wait until the end of April for the meeting. So much for getting help this year. You would think that my son is the first gifted child that has passed through their system. Last year the school started him an SST (student support team) file. It is where the teachers get together and try to figure out what to do for a child in need of help. Supposedly, there was a "next level". Well, everyone kept avoiding the question when I would ask about going to the next level. Why not? Nothing else was working. Never went to the "next level", whatever that is...

I am, also, in GA. I love GA, but their school systems are pretty much the pits.