Thanks for sharing some of those resources. I have many books on ADHD, but don't have any newer ones. But have looked at some info on-line and more up to date research. I agree with you that there should be more activity and outside time incorporated into schools. Also feel that there should be more hydration and snacks for older kids (I work with pre-k and K and think they get plenty). I do find it sad that schools are often so focused on meeting standards that they neglect the positive effect that play and being outside can have on performance and behavior, etc. Even when some schools do get it, they usually are discouraged to do too much of it because often time parents say things like "I am not sending my kids to play, I am sending them to learn."

Anyhow, I am a fan of trying non medical approaches first for ADHD. Although I have to say that I am also a fan of medication for ADHD when needed. Sometimes all the interventions in the world are not enough without medication. I have been working with this population for quite some time and that is just my experience. It's obviously not just with ADHD...it's with a lot of conditions: migraines, depression, anxiety, etc. You try what you can first...and then if it is not enough you go the med route.