Thanks for the reply. It has been enlightening going through the hoops lately. Honestly, we didn't give too much thought to the testing in Kindergarten. We knew he was advanced, but when they put him in gifted, that seemed to be enough to keep him 'engaged'. As he's progressed, it seems as though it's by leaps and bounds, and general ed is most definitely not cutting it.

We're kinda taking this year as a loss, if you know what I mean. Because the testing had to be redone (it was definitely more thorough), an IEP written, etc. it was February before anything was put in place. Then, we found out we were moving again. I'm not sure of all the specifics of our new state, I have more checking to do. I would HATE to have to go through all this again and have yet another year go by waiting. DS has developed an "I don't care" attitude because he isn't being challenged. That's why I'm hoping that they'll put the grade skip in his records and that he'll find the new situation better. Even if he didn't qualify for GT services, but was accelerated, I feel that might keep the day to day from being mundane and he can shake the apathetic attitude. Make sense?

I'm glad to finally have confirmation of what we've suspected all along, but that knowledge opens the door to so many other issues that I need to educate myself on, specifically how to advocate for him and navigate the system.

Anyway, thanks for your input.