DD7 (almost 8) is asking for math workbooks. I randomly had picked up a couple of Kumon ones at Target, sort of a rainy day activity, and she loves them (well, the one labeled grade 3-4, which gives her some pause, that she shouldn't be allowed to do them or something because of the title). I don't make her do it, she just thinks it's fun (omg, she asks permission to do it LOL). At least it's good practice for learning the multiplication table. She's asking for more and I'm trying to decide what sort of workbooks to get her. Should I look around for more inexpensive, random stuff at Target, etc.? Or shoud I go with more of a curriculum, like Singapore? I was leaning toward Singapore, just because there's more she wants to learn that she hasn't quite come across at school just yet (I'm afraid her teacher is very linear when it comes to the curriculum). Placement is another question (she could pass the 2B test, but some of that is what she still wants to practice, so I'm not sure - maybe I get both that one and the 3A. I haven't even looked at the test for 3A but I assume she's not there yet). She's in second grade in a montessori school, and I'm never quite sure where she's at, curriculum-wise. Doing the workbooks does give me a better idea. Even if she hasn't moved far ahead of grade level yet, I just love watching her enjoy math smile smile smile

So, any thoughts? Any other series of workbooks that anyone would like to recommend? (remember, this is "just for fun" wink wink) Thanks!!

p.s. she's very much a visual-spatial learner