It may not be as bad as you might be thinking right now! You have started the formal process of IEP and are now deep in the middle of the process. This may just be your P's personality coming through. Perhaps P tends to be a black and white thinker and wants to respect the formality of the process.

The thing to remember is that when you *go there* it is an interaction between two entities. You make your move and then you have to wait for them to make their's. It's hard because at that part, you literally have no control. You have to wait to see what they say at the meeting.

Then you assess and determine your next decision/action. At that point, you are back in control; deciding how you react to the results of the meeting.

It's surely not for the faint of heart, but don't start getting upset or panicking yet. There is absolutely nothing to do til the meeting except to prepare yourself for a meeting that could go any which way.....

I've had bad meetings that didn't go my way. I've also had the more *official* communications from the P that freaked me out when I got them. Ultimately it was just them repecting their process, which is what he had to do. It didn't end up negatively affecting us in the end....okay?

deep breath.........

Last edited by incogneato; 03/03/09 11:39 AM. Reason: sp-clarity