When I checked out the website I thought: oh yeah, sounds like ds! But ds has been playing the cello (well) for nearly 5 years and has taken ballroom dancing (and did fairly well). So, although he has weaknesses in sequencing and probably motor planning, I'm not sure how this therapy would be different from what he does already.

I do want to mention that playing basketball this season has been amazing and unexpected therapy. Ds started out not even being able to dribble a ball. The key was lots of practice. This team had 3 practices each week (1.5 hours each time) plus games each week. Ds's gross motor skills and eye-hand coordination improved drastically. He now dribbles pretty well with both hands... and can has recently been able to catch the basketball and hold onto it without dropping it. I have seen improvments in his large motor timing (dribbling, catching, passing). Definitely doing basketball again! Ds really enjoys it, too.

Because ds really struggled to improve, basketball has affected his perfectionism for the better.

Does anyone have a child with extreme aversion to working with a time limit? I have never seen a child who would freak out about a timer as much as my ds. In his entire life NEVER ONCE could I get him to do anything while a timer was on (counting up, counting down, HUGE time limit with easy work, etc.). No matter what I tried, ds would panic and freak out. He told us he just couldn't think if he knew there was a time limit. Well, yesterday we saw ds work with a timer for the first time. (www.worldmathsday.com) I credit basketball for this. Perhaps the practice of playing in a game with a time clock has been responsible for this? We've seriously tried everything anyone has ever recommended to us to help him with his time limit issues and NOTHING until now.

Anyway, if anyone out there is considering sports for issues with timing and motor planning, even if the child has dismal skills, I highly recommend it. (As long as the child is even mildly cooperative and enjoys it, of course.)

Thanks for the link. (Has anyone checked out the case studies BTW? Very amazing. Not to good to be true, is it?)