Debbie,
I'm so glad that you posted about the Perception gap between teachers and parents. It really is beyond what one could reasonably expect. I also love your use of the phrase "Typically Developing Kids." Sounds so much better than 'normal' or 'average.' Soon I'll be talking about TDKs and ADKs - typically developing kids and alternatly developing kids - and no one but you will have any idea what I'm talking about.

I do want to say that I work with lots of kids who are in Head Start, and it 'feels' like there is a pretty similar scattering of Level I, II and III kids within that group. I haven't seen any numbers but every week or so I see a "little chatterbox" control freak, who wants to discuss the morr technical aspects of the work with me. I also see lots kids who translate for their parents at really early ages. Of course, for every extroverted kid who chatters at me, I figure that there is at least one introverted kid who is harder for me to notice, studying me with full attention, the only sound I hear is the slow deep breaths.

Well, I find it very reassuring that there are plenty of bright and gifted preschooler at work. We are few, but plenty. Weird, huh?

Love and More Love,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com