Thanks. We really appreciate your reply. When we read what you said about Hikkomori, he said yes, but there is also Karoshi - death from overwork. I think he wants to find a comfortable place in between the two extremes where he still has time for video games.

He said he was really impressed with your 18 hours a day on the computer and the fact that you also had time for sports and girls, etc. He wants to know if you used any "Red Bull."

He likes the idea of doing liberal arts study and we have talked about maybe working on an online liberal arts degree in a few years and he wants to continue reading classic books.

He also said when you just read a book you are also getting some of the author's bias which is why he likes to read from multiple sources. He still thinks Wikipedia with all of the links to more info is a great resource.

The only time he was away from the computer for a week was when we went to Disney World and there were lots of things to keep him busy. It is much harder at home with no other kids in the neighborhood and nothing but cows down the road from us.

I am really glad you mentioned piano and guitar because I don't think he realizes how lucky he is to be able to do these things and I wish he would spend more time practicing.

I have always heard that music helps people deal with stress and he has been complaining that I have exposed him to too much second-hand stress which he says can be more harmful than second-hand smoke. He argues that being on the computer helps him deal with stress because it takes his mind off other things.

He is just ten and loves to debate with me. He is also entering puberty and I have a feeling his teenage years are going to be even more challenging for me than his sister's were.