I think maybe my question is unclear. That'll teach me to post when I'm tired.

I'm wondering if this psychologist strikes you all as a good tester based on how she handled dd's comment.

Something else happened during the testing that surprised the psychologist. Dd came home from the first testing session and told me, with a mischievous grin, that she had "tricked" (dd's word) the tester. Dd said that the tester was showing her pictures of things and dd was supposed to match them (or was it 3 out of 4) according to shared characteristics. She told me that she was choosing all the "shiny" or "pretty" pictures instead of the things that "went together." (words in quotations are dd's words) I, of course, called the psychologist and reported what dd had said. She told me that dd's score in that section seemed lower than expected, so she would retest on that section first thing during the next session. After the next session she told me she got the same results, so dd couldn't have been tired. She suggested that dd was probably at her limit and, not being able to understand the directions, just made up her own.

What do you think? I have no idea, but I would love to hear your take on this.

(BTW The tester was recommended by a gifted school and website advertises experience with gifted kids.)

Thanks!
Kate