Hi Lori,

I haven't followed your posts, but I think I can help here, as to why he's having your son write. All four of my kids are twice exceptional. They are teens so they've been through a lot of testing.

The neuropsychs that give the tests must follow the procedures exactly for each test, or it is invalid. Most likely he is going to find out what the discrepancies are between the oral and written work.

Also, from my experience, they tend to test more for weaknesses than strengths to show what they are incapable of doing as normed with other kids their age. The purpose usually is to show there is a problem, and OT and other special help will be needed.

Again, for me this has been great if I've needed an IEP and insurance to cover something. To qualify for insurance help (which isn't so common), the DSM IV is used for criteria, and then a code can be given for help.

So, I don't know the purpose of everything with the visits, but I'm guessing they are trying to find what your son needs help with exactly.