In addition to my son's recent scoliosis diagnosis, we were able to get a referral for my son to see a different developmental pediatrician. At first our regular pediatrician told us that she didn't think he needed to see a developmental pediatrician again, especially after I said that we didn't think the last one he saw was very helpful and we never went back to her after she told us that I should make him watch cartoons or Animal Planet instead of letting him watch the educational shows and news that he preferred. But when my son mentioned his phobias and the sensory issues and possible OCD she changed her mind. She gave us a referral to a university child study center.

The new developmental pediatrician that my son will see is also an associate professor of pediatrics at a state university. I think he just might have a little more experience and knowledge of twice exceptional kids like my son. I have been working for days filling out the questionnaire and getting records together to send in. I am supposed to send in copies of any individual achievement tests and I only have one from several years ago. The only score he got that was less than 99 was for spelling. I wonder if I should attach the letter naming my son as the winner of the spelling bee for our county a few years later and his certificate for participating in our state's Pee Wee spelling bee. I still wonder why an educational psychologist would test a child with handwriting issues and hypotonia by having him write the words instead of doing this orally.