I agree with other posters -- seize the opportunity to talk now. It's the perfect opportunity to address the teacher's concerns and get her thinking about how to accommodate your daughter.

I would complement her on being so perceptive about your daughter, and thank her for her concern for your child.

I would explain what types of activities keep your DD interested and focused ---- like, she needs to have lots of new information and learn new things each day. I had an exchange like this last year with my DS's grade two teacher. I never used the word "gifted," instead, I focused on the [gifted] behavior and needs. I think with a lot of teachers, it also helps to focus on the child's feelings. For example, I said my son was sad on days he didn't learn anything new and came home bursting with excitement on days when the class had covered an interesting new topic. Perhaps you could talk about her frustration in having to switch gears from an interesting activity.

Also, find out which transitions she's not doing well with -- perhaps transitions to something boring???

Good luck,

bk