Originally Posted by delbows
I find it interesting that your district has a higher standard for a single grade skip than required for admission to the Davidson Academy!

((gasping for air from laughing so hard))
((tears - both kinds, in corner of eye!))

ok - so we can agree that we are both dealing with a different version of reality here. I see two possibilities -
A) They are using the test as a polite-ish door closer. The door is closed and you can jump through all the hoops they say they want and they arent' going to budge. If this is true, the logical thing to do is find another school situation.
B) Perhaps there really is a chance for a skip here. Here the big question is- how much of your time and energy can you invest in the possibility that this is the reality?
Both WISC and SB-V have special indexes that may give you scores that fit the bill. I'll post this much and send along that infor in the next batch. If you don't have the scores, plus the Wicked Witch of the West's Broom (Movie Joke) you can try pursuasion. Dale Carnigie's How to win Friends and Influence People is pretty interesting. Getting to Yes is also good, but a bit too "direct and honest" for my tastes in this situation. Afterall - this isn't a negotiation in that they have all the say, it's more like "landing a big account." Last but important, there's the totally subtle "friends in high places" approach. Ask everyone you know if they can introduce you to anyone who may have influence with your blocker.

Disclaimer: I know a lot about this as I've been through it all, for months and years - and I did not succeed in the public school system. You can do everything right and still lose this one. But It does work some of the time, and has great benifits.
Love and More Love,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com