We have had another meeting with the school about accelerating DS (10 1/2, 5th grade, gifted program, but still not challenged.) The Director of curriculum said he would not even consider accelerating a student unless he had an IQ score of 150-160 or higher. He was using DS score on the InView of 134, as his IQ, saying he's just not that bright, lot's of kids just like him in regular curriculum and gifted program, blah, blah, blah.

The InView (group cognitive achievement test) has a hard test ceiling of 141. DS may be 134 or may be higher.
We have convinced the school principle to pay for an individual IQ test BUT, as I have been reading and speaking to our private psychologist about the new WISC, the scores are coming back lower in gifted populations and it has a ceiling of about 135 on the subtests.
So even if he had an IQ above 150, the test won't show it. Psychologist says the SB5 doesn't go much higher and the schools don't generally use it as much anyway and they definitely won't use the old SB L-M.

So this test is not going to get us anywhere at school. What test have your kids taken that are even showing their IQs to be higher than the ceiling?
Where is the Curriculum Director getting his numbers? He says they have only accelerated 2 kids in 10 years, and their IQs were over 160, but on what test?
I feel like he has put up this standard because there is no way any kid, let alone my kid, will be able to show proof that they have reached it.
I'm pretty sure DS would be in the 130-150 considering where his dad and I tested back on the old tests (1970s) and that kids usually range within 10 points of the parents. From the RUF scale he is a III or maybe almost a IV.
He wouldn't even consider any other standard. We brought the Iowa acceleration manual, and other relevant books and documents to the table. He didn't want to look at any of them. He just kept repeating that unless the child is profoundly gifted, they couldn't be sure he would continue to do well through High School. Ugh.