Lately dd has been asking me to define any word that she does not understand. So, no problem because the only words she does not understand are words in her books or words that I am speaking to her. The only thing that has been bugging me is that my voabulary is fairly limited...I read a lot, but I just know i only have a relatively small vocabulry. I feel like I am going to hinder dd's growing vocabulary because she is only learning words from me (or dh) and from her books. Her books are children's books so there are not many words she doesn't understand in them. She asks for one or two definitions per day and she really does understand everything we say (except for those couple of words). She uses almost the same language that dh and I use...she is just really into words these days and I want to encourage her in that interest.

I know this is kind of a weird question, and I am not really sure how to word it...I guess I just feel that she deserves and wants a challenge but I am not sure how to offer it to her. We do go to the library, but most of the books that interest her are kids books. Actually she loves our book about local birds...maybe I could find some other animal books and she could learn come animal vocab, although I was more thinkign in terms of everyday language.

hmm not too clear I know...sorry I'm tired!