Sorry I keep posting long-winded messages; obviously, we are big readers!

I wanted to make sure you all know about the Scholastic Warehouse Sales. We have a warehouse near us (check http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse/). We're on their mailing list, so twice/year usually Dec. and May, they email us an announcement of their upcoming sale. I think all books are at least 50% off with the exception of a short list that are 'only' 30% off. We spend about $150 each time and bring home 1-2 cases of books. My DD8 just goes to the box whenever she wants a new book (luckily she loves to re-read her favorites, so they tend to last about 6 months).

That reminds me: one of the best books we've ever gotten at their warehouse sale is "The Princess Academy". DD8 has read it at least 2 dozen times. I happened to pick it up because it won a medal (we tend to love all children's medal winners, but usually don't love adult winners - what does that say about my maturity level ;-)...). Another one we got there that may appeal to the original princess that started this thread is Ella Enchanted.