It is 15 hours a week this year and 20 next. she fine in school, has friends, is self conscious about the accomadations she needs and the fact one of her teachers is not very empathatic regarding her situation. The testing that gave us numbers was a full WISC and Stanford Binet and Linda's home grown assessment tools. No they do not subjetc accelerate and I would not want that given the Ld issues she has.

She is in their gifted program now but they seem to want her out for middle school since she was advocated in by the K-4 director who was fabulous and bent rules based on the needs of my kid. Now she is not calling the shots and it seems they want to make a statement. LS has been contacted and I hope she has the time to weigh in. Although if god himslef proclaimed her gifted, they may not care. It is Illinois, they do not have to.

It is worth the fight based on the teachers she would have who have expertise with the 2E kids and other student that think like she does and may have their own special quirks that may be more understanding thanthe "honors" program kind of student. She has some unique needs but does have the right to be appropriately challenged and feel comfortable where she spends herday. They have the program, they just need to agree, their process to ID the non LD gifted may not be the process that is going to Id all kids especially nes that have documented LDs.

Thanks for your advice and well wishes.