I do think that further testing is in order... My husband is ready to go to great lengths for this, the problem is that I don't have the foggiest idea where to find someone, I have asked our peds, the school, looked on hoagies, searched online, to no avail. So yes, neato, if you have ideas I am all ears.

I do not think that there was one single incident that caused this. Looking back, I think that last year may have been similar, but he had one good friend he made in the class that may have helped buffer things. His current class is a VERY diverse group, socio-economically, intelectually and culturally.
I would think that somewhere in that mix would be someone compatable, but I guess I am wrong.

As far as the vision goes, I need find out more before I can say. He does wear glasses ( or is supposed too, when he can find them ...), and has had extensive vision testing for a type of cataract he has in one eye, but he compensates with the other eye and loses the glasses because "he looks like a dork" ( his words ).

Thanks for all the input,