Hi Jen,

I am sorry you are going through this. It's so hard to see your child in such a situation, know that somethings not right, but not what to do about it.

I just re-read your posts and based on those and your more recent post, I really think you have to take this very seriously.

I suggest a second opinion on the ADD issue. And that doesn't mean I'm doubting the diagnosis, it's just good to get second opinions I think, especially in light of all the info.

Some of the "symptoms" of high intelligence and ADD can overlap. It could be one or the other or a combination of both.

If it's possible to have a GT evaluation with a child psyd that specializes or has a sub specialty in GT issues, I highly, highly recommend it at this time. I think it's time for you to aggressively get to the bottom of what's going on.

You may have to travel.....but it may be worth it. I think it's important to attempt to improve his social isolation whether he is noticing or not.

Feel free to p.m. me if you feel comfortable and I'll see if I can help you track someone down.

((hugs))

Neato