Which test will the psychologist use?

I would recommend the SB-5 over the WPPSI-III. Many educators, who accept SB or WISC scores, don�t trust other cognitive measures, including the WPPSI-III, and consider their scores inflated. I believe the scores may also be artificially lowered for highly gifted children who are closer to the age limit of six.

My impression regarding the WPPSI-R that my son took at 5.0 years was that it was PAINFULLY easy. I sat in an adjoining room where I could watch and hear the assessment. DS was not the least bit challenged by the questions and so decided to alternate two and three somersaults before giving an answer each time.

He still tested in the gifted range, but I had wondered how high he would have scored had he been asked these same questions 2 � years prior at which age they would have seemed appropriately challenging for him. So, I understand your logic, but think it might apply better to a more interesting and complex test rather than one that was created to assess average ability pre-schoolers.