Hi Aliza,
Sorry to hear that T-man is having a hard time. Ohio has such good policies on the books about gradeskips, but that doesn't solve all the problems, does it?

I do like the idea that maybe it's not enough of a gradeskip...PG basically means that with a single gradeskip they might get along ok in a full time program for regular gifted kids. So you can look into subject acceleration, or another full skip and hope that he gets in with a "nicer" bunch of boys. Each year has it's own personality.

Have you considered homeschooling, perhaps with some community college or local university classes to supliment? Or EPGY's gifted online highschool?

I have heard that for PG kids, sometime it has to be Mom and Dad who are the best friends, but I wouldn't settle for that. Even if the other kids don't "get" him, that's no excuse for Bullying.

BTW - you can hit the "reply" button at the bottom of any post to stay on this thread.

You said a girl destroyed his front teeth - how awful! BUT, you have to ask yourself, was it part of a general pattern or just a momentary misjudgement? I am a big fan of getting kids out of situations that are just not working for them.

As for clubs - does he play Yu-gioh or Magic the gathering cards? In our town there is a shop that sell comics and cards and they organize weekly gamenights. They are great "gifted magnets" - or yes, how about chess? Or even message board centered around a favorite hardware or software? Is there a computer club at the senior center that would enjoy a young expert? Or the local library is usually looking for docents to explain the online lookup system or the internet?

Best Wishes,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com