Thanks acs.

In a nutshell, she's highly perceptive, with lots of thoughts running deep, creative, great memory - but not terribly organized, "temporaly challenged" is her own description, and has a rigid set of high standards - the school she was at was homework intensive++, with rigid requirements on deadlines (the "hand in tomorrow or get an F" approach) - it would take most student hours to complete their work and they would all complain, but for her with her mix of perfectionism and intensity, it would reguarly take into the wee hours of the morning. It became very stressful.

The new school is flexible, allows independence, allows students to progress at their own rate - focuses on learning and discussion rather than myriad deadlines to obtain grades. The teachers are trained to understand gifted mindsets and characteristics - they accept the differences rather than challenging them or denying them. They take the students out of their books and into the community to work - have international travel trips for on site learning in other countries - there's a sense of adventure with the learning.

I have to go now to collect my kids from school but if any of that causes a connection with any type/name of college, I'm all ears for discovering!

Thanks again!

Last edited by search_n-rescue; 11/18/08 03:33 PM.