Hello,
I have two children who are extremely bright and energetic and keep mommy on her toes. My DS7 is identified gifted, but might have other issues we are working on. My DS6, however, is the child that I am confused about. I can't find the things that baffle me about him in the description of any LD or disability that I know of. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Here are his symptoms:

1 When he reads, he skips down lines, misses words, etc, even though he has an extremely high vocabulary. Glasses from a developmental optometrist do produce some good results, so I'm not sure if this is something separate from other symptoms.

2. He forgets things. If something happened at the beginning of the day, he might not remember it well. Even if he gets sent to the Principal's office, he will remember he went there, but not necessarily why.

3. He tends to "daydream". He gets lost in his own thoughts, and misses what's going on around him. He sometimes gets lost going from one class to another.

4. He has a poor sense of time in general. I talk to him on Saturday about something happening on Wednesday, and I'll get a "tomorrow?" unless I ask him to name the days until then...then he understands. He has gotten better, but only mildly.

Does anyone have any idea?