I would like to hear from professionals or parents that have had experience with the WPPSI-III.
My child took this test at age 4 and had a Full Scale IQ score of 146. His Verbal IQ was 145 and is Performance IQ was 146. This was the 99.9th percentile and the highest score his tester had seen on this particular test. I understand 160 is the absolute highest you can go. He scored 17 or higher in 5 of the subsets. I was told that my child more than likely experienced the "ceiling effect" of this test and for a more accurate IQ number we should test him on the older SB LM. We were not inclined to do this since the 146 was well above the 130 he needed to get into a gifted private school.

Then we became interested in applying to the Davidson Young Scholars program. We were told that in order to be accepted he needed a 150 on the WPPSI-III. The other Weschler tests only require a 145 in one area. They told me the reason for this is:
"Although lower scores fall into the 99.9th percentile, we require a score of 150 on the Full Scale, Verbal, or Performance sections of the WPPSI-III because scores tend to be inflated on this test. The experts we consulted believe 150 is a better indicator of the population we strive to serve."

This is in direct contradiction to what I have been told about the "ceiling effect". It is aldo odd that Davidson would accept someone who may get a 150 on one part of the test but could have a significantly lower full score than my child. Anyone who has more information on what research the "experts" Davidson consulted would be very helpful. Is it worth retesting my son with another acceptable test? What test would that be at 4 1/2?
Thanks