Good for you for listening to your daughter, and taking the step of getting the testing done. ((applause and cheers))

I don't have any personal experience with IB Schools, although I have also heard that they are "lots of work" and particularly inflexable. If your daughter is a good producer, and likes that kind of challange, she may be a good fit.

Generally, the lable of a school means very little, it is the people who run the school who make the difference. Flexability seems to be an important aspect of what makes a school work for a gifted kid.

If the Middle school has a well regarded gifted program, and your daughter is moderatly gifted, then you could expect a good result. I'm wondering what you can do to make 6th grade the best it can be. You mentioned that Band camp - musical instruments are great for kids, aren't they?

I wonder if you can ask the Principal to give you the names of bright girls with nice moms who can do some social things together now before school starts?

Did the psychologist have any ideas to keep away the "I'm bored"s during 6th grade?

Best Wishes,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com