I think that's it. You push a little and it there is any improvement, it's good improvement. If it's not a speech issue or neurological issue I think it's okay to shoot for improvement. smile

Originally Posted by master of none
At the beginning of the year, she didn't realize how smart he is, and thought he was contributing well for his level. But now, she has realized he is very bright and she expects more from him.

When DD8 was in second they had to write sentences every week. DD was always great with spelling, neatness and writing, so I allowed her to treat it as a blow off.

Teacher called me out on the carpet during conference. I was SO annoyed! I told her these were GREAT sentences for first grade. She agreed and then said, but not for DD.

So she gave me some parameters of what she was expecting and for the rest of the year the girl really worked on sentence writing night. She sat there for up to an hour and a half on a few occasions.

DD was in speech that year and she has always struggled to get stuff out, verbally and on paper.

At least in our case the teacher was right to push and I'm glad she did.

I do think you have to trust your mommy instinct, though, and step in it it's just *not right*